- Antiques, Arts, Crafts & Gifts
- ATV info
- Bicycle Routes & Trails
- Bird Watching & Nature Viewing
- Campgrounds: Public/Private
- County Parks and Forests
- Events Calendar
- Fishing, Fly Fishing & Ice Fishing
- Golf & Disk Golf
- Hiking and Walking
- Horseback Riding
- Kayaking, Canoeing & Tubing
- Lakes, Rivers & Streams
- State Parks & Forests
- Trails/Trail Conditions
- Visitors' Guide
- Waterfalls Tour
- Whitewater Rafting
- X-Country Skiing & Snowshoeing
Our world famous waterfalls tour offers short and long hikes in serene, natural settings. Please use caution -- some of the trails are rough, and the rushing waters can be dangerous. Be sure to wear good walking or hiking shoes for optimum enjoyment. About half of the waterfalls on our tour are located in the Marinette County Parks system. A $3.00 per day (per car) or $12.00 per year (per car) entrance fee can be paid at park entrances and is valid for admission to all county parks. We recommend allowing 2-3 days to experience the entire tour.
Marinette County Trout Unlimited, Marinette County Parks and the Marinette County Highway Departments have provided signage along the routes. Look for the blue signs to help you find your way!
Why not try a "Mini-Tour"?
Marinette County’s Waterfalls Tour is a big attraction for residents and visitors, and is becoming increasingly popular. As the third largest county in the state, many “locals” are fully aware of the distances between some of the falls. But visitors are sometimes caught trying to see too much in too little time.
That’s why we decided to re-create the “Big Tour” into several “Mini Tours.” Now you can take one of four shorter tours that will allow you plenty of time to visit a number of falls without feeling like you missed out on something. We call these shorter tours:
*Click each Tour to find out more about the falls included !
1. Enchanted Trails Tour
Located along Parkway Road and County Highway I, these falls are situated along a truly enchanting and scenic rustic road:
1) Veteran’s Falls at Veteran’s Falls Memorial Park
2) McClintock Rapids at McClintock County Park
3) Strong Falls at Goodman County Park
2. Hidden Falls Tour
This mini tour features the most falls, but they are fairly close together. The following falls make this tour a “must see”:
4) Carney Rapids in the Marinette County Forest
5) Four Foot Falls in the Marinette County Forest
6) Eighteen Foot Falls in the Marinette County Forest
7) Twelve Foot Falls at Twelve Foot Falls County Park
8) Eight Foot Falls at Twelve Foot Falls County Park
9) Horseshoe Falls
Named for its’ dangerous hills and scenic overlooks, this tour is not for the faint of heart!
10) Smalley Falls in the Marinette County Forest
11) Long Slide Falls in the Marinette County Forest
12) Pier’s Gorge in Norway, MI
4. Log Jam Legends Tour
The legend, as it is told, goes back to the early days of logging in Marinette County. Dave’s Falls was actually named for a logger who died at the site trying to guide lumber to it’s final destination:
13) Dave’s Falls at Dave’s Falls County Park
14) Bulls Falls in the Marinette County Forest
Marinette County © 2007 - Design by - Boomerang Marketing