- Antiques, Arts, Crafts & Gifts
- ATV info
- Bicycle Routes & Trails
- Bird Watching & Nature Viewing
- Campgrounds: Public/Private
- County Parks and Forests
- Events Calendar
- Fishing, Fly Fishing & Ice Fishing
- Golf & Disk Golf
- Hiking and Walking
- Horseback Riding
- Kayaking, Canoeing & Tubing
- Lakes, Rivers & Streams
- State Parks & Forests
- Trails/Trail Conditions
- Visitors' Guide
- Waterfalls Tour
- Whitewater Rafting
- X-Country Skiing & Snowshoeing
The Marinette County ATV Trails are closed. They will reopen on Friday, May 10, 2013. The trails have been closed for spring breakup and because of downed trees/branches.
Thank you for helping us protect the soft trail base this spring.
An Important Reminder:
ATV riders on the Iron Snowshoe ATV trails in the Butler Rock area of Marinette County which connect into the Oconto County summer only ATV trail system at the county lines- need to be aware that Oconto County's ATV trails won't open until May 1st and closes Oct. 31st each year.
For questions concerning registration, where you can ride and other legal issues, please refer to the Wisconsin regulation book. This, and other ATV information can be found here:
Our ATV trails are maintained by dedicated volunteers from a variety of clubs and organizations. Please show respect for their hard work, and for the environment, when you ride our trails. We want you to enjoy your ride -- please use common sense and obey the simple rules of ATV safety and environmental beauty. A list of contacts is shown below.
What Visitors say about our trails
"Bonnie and I were up the 3rd week of May and very much enjoyed the trails and their condition. In the past year we have been up there 3 times and have rode the trails to Florence to Pembine to Silver Cliff and Athelstane. We have ridden the trails in WI in Clark, Iron, Price and Jackson Counties and feel that your trails are the finest that we have ridden with the conditions, scenery, and wildlife, and the friendliest of the people we've met. We road Hartfield County, KY tails NE of Cumberland Gap and the Hatfield and McCoy trails in WV and we've decided that our ATV adventures will be done exclusively in NE Wisconsin GOOD JOB!!"
Requests for ATV facilities led the County Parks Department to open the first All Terrain Vehicle Campground in Marinette County at McClintock Park. Located a few miles south of the day use area of the park (just off Parkway Road, now known as County I), it will remain available for general camping as well. While ATVs are not permitted in the day use areas of Marinette County Parks, a parking lot for ATVs has been constructed across the road from the McClintock day use area for an easy walk in to the scenic bridges, islands and small open cabins on the Peshtigo River.
The campground opens for the season May 1st. With the recent seven-mile trail addition near McClintock and 38 miles near Pembine, the Homestead Trail offers breathtaking vistas, sharp curves, steep hills and over 200 miles of ATV excitement. The most up to date means of erosion control have been built into the new system to protect the grand terrain. It will be one of the finest runs in the entire Wisconsin ATV trail system.
Riders camping at the park can access hundreds of miles of ATV trails in Marinette and Florence counties.
ATV riders who enjoy primitive camping can also take advantage of the county’s policy of allowing camping anywhere along the trail system in the 231,000-acre county forest for up to two weeks at a time. A newly instituted $10 per year county forest camping permit fee took effect this year. For more information, contact Marinette County Parks at 715-732-7530.
County ATV Routes
Look up any Town or Village in Marinette County to find out exactly what roads you can ride on. Please be sure to use our Park-n-Ride locations if you cannot access the ATV trail system through the approved road routes.
Maps & Park-n-Ride Locations
W11568 Hwy 8
Dunbar, WI 54119
715-324-5737 Attn: Dave
- Visit the club web site at www.dungood.com for trail maps, trail conditions, legislative news, links, how to become a member, more.
- To request an information package call 715-324-5737 or send an e-mail to email@example.com, or write to us.
- Club area: Dunbar/Goodman area in Marinette County.
Iron Snow Shoe ATV/Snowmobile Club
W13440 Jungle Jim Lane
Athelstane, WI 54104
715-757-3389 Attn: Allen
- Visit the club web site at The Iron Snowshoe Snowmobile Trails for trail conditions, maps, links, more.
- To request information call 715-757-3389 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Club area: Crivitz, Twin Bridges, High Falls Flowage, Caldron Falls Flowage, Silver Cliff, Thunder Mountain Overlook, and Crooked Lake areas of northeastern Wisconsin
Near North Riders Inc. ATV/Snowmobile Club
P.O. Box 3,
Athelstane, WI 54104
715-759-5981 Attn: Dale
North East Wisconsin Riders Inc. / ATV Club
321 Rosemont Street
Coleman, WI 54112
920-897-4832 Attn: John
- Visit the club web site at www.newridersatvclub.com for club events, news, links, how to become a member, and more. ...
- To request an information package call 920-591-0740 or send an e-mail to email@example.com, or write to us.
Pemenee River Riders
N18414 Woodland Rd.
Dunbar, WI 54119
715-324-6354 or 715-927-4698
- Or send E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Club area: Pembine/Amberg/Dunbar/Niagara area in Marinette County
Woodland Trails ATV Club
P.O. Box 42
Crivitz, WI 54114
920-986-3001, Attn: Roger
Guided Tours and Rentals
Crivitz Ski Hut - Rentals
216 S. Hwy 141
Crivitz, WI 54114
Wildman Ranch - ATV Wilderness Tours & Rentals
2 hour Wilderness Ride
Helmet and goggles Included
715-757-2938 for reservations or more information
Links of Interest
WATVA - Wisconsin ATV Association
Marinette County © 2007 - Design by - Boomerang Marketing